Search This Blog

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Double Standard


I was sitting in front of the idiot box and I felt myself progressively getting angrier and angrier. Why? I am watching the highlights of Baylor’s Brittney Griner dominate Tennessee. I think back just a few weeks ago when I see this same Brittney Griner dominate in another way. But that time it was more like Friday night fights. Yes, in a girl’s collegiate basketball game Brittany Griner punched and broke another girl’s nose. Her punishment was a stern and deathly two game suspension. This allows us to be entertained by her on this day. I usually don’t get affected by things like this and maybe that’s because I have seen it before. With all the violence in all sports, was this “female athlete” given a pass? I am not saying that she deserved a stiffer sentence because I am a male. I am purely stating this because I am human.

(Photo by examiner)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger